Coenzyme Q10, otherwise called CoQ10, is an important element that helps power your cells. The human body produces CoQ10 naturally, unfortunately with time and aging, its production decreases. Fortunately, in these modern and medically advanced age, you are able to get CoQ10 through supplements and foods. Illnesses like heart disease, brain disorders, diabetes, and cancer are normally associated with low levels of CoQ10. It isn’t evident whether low levels of CoQ10 cause these diseases or are a result of them. One thing is for sure: a lot of research has uncovered that CoQ10’s has a wide scope of benefits. Here is all you have to think about CoQ10. The mitochondria are accountable for creating vitality. They shield cells from oxidative damage and disease-causing bacteria or viruses. As CoQ10 production decreases as you age, older people seem to be deficient in this compound.
Some other causes of CoQ10 deficiency include;
- Nutritional deficiencies, such as vitamin B6 deficiency
- Genetic defects in CoQ10 synthesis or utilization
- Increased demands by tissues as a consequence of disease
- Mitochondrial diseases
- Oxidative stress due to aging
- Side effects of statin treatments
Research has shown that CoQ10 plays several key roles in your body. One of its primary functions is to help generate energy in your cells. It’s involved in making adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which involved in energy transfer within cells.
Its other important role is to serve as an antioxidant and protect cells from oxidative damage. Excessive amounts of free radicals lead to oxidative damage, which can interfere with regular cell functioning. This is known to cause many health conditions. Given that ATP is used to carry out all the body’s functions and oxidative damage is destructive to cells, it is not surprising that some chronic diseases have been linked to low levels of CoQ10. CoQ10 is present in every cell of your body. However, the highest concentrations are found in organs with the greatest energy demands, such as the heart, kidneys, lungs and liver.
The following is a list of the 9 main benefits of CoQ10.
- CoQ10 has been shown to protect brain cells from oxidative damage and reduce the action of harmful compounds that can lead to brain disease.CoQ10 help treat heart failure by improving heart function, increasing ATP production and limiting oxidative damage.
- The antioxidant properties of CoQ10 help improve sperm quality and reduce the decline in the number and quality of eggs in women.
- When applied directly to the skin, CoQ10 can reduce sun damage and increase antioxidant protection. Supplementing with CoQ10 may also help decrease the risk of skin cancer.
- Supplementing with CoQ10 prevent and treat migraines, as it increases mitochondrial function and reduces inflammation.
- Exercise performance can be affected by oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction. CoQ10 help lower oxidative damage, promote exercise capacity and decrease fatigue.
- Supplementing with CoQ10 help increase insulin sensitivity and improve blood sugar levels.
- CoQ10 plays a critical role in the protection of cell DNA and cell survival, both of which are strongly linked to cancer prevention and recurrence.
- CoQ10 has been shown to protect brain cells from oxidative damage and reduce the action of harmful compounds that can lead to brain disease.
- CoQ10 can reduce oxidative damage and inflammation that results in diseases of the lungs.
Since CoQ10 is fat-soluble, it is recommended to take it with food or use products that combine it with oils to improve its absorption. Supplementing with CoQ10 appears to be well tolerated by individuals and has low toxicity. CoQ10 is found in some foods, especially organ meats. Also, it seems that it’s as equally well absorbed through foods as it is through supplements.
Shaklee has a product that can provide you with the sufficient daily dosage of CoQ10 needed by the body to properly function. Coq-Trol Plus by Shaklee is different from the rest;
The Shaklee Difference
- CoQ-Trol Plus provides a natural, proprietary blend of 100mg of Coenzyme Q10 plus resveratrol and tocopherol.
- For optimum absorption, it is equipped with olive oil delivery system.
- A patented formulation to
improve absorption of Coenzyme Q10.
Patent No: MY-139379-A
To know more about the product, contact Mommy J for a free consultation and more info on the all new CoQ-Trol Plus and take charge of your health!
Fast Track Car Bonus Achiever
Facebook: Jeslynn Seow